This is our most FUN event of the year …. The M1Run! A perfect way to end your Dubai 30x30 challenge!
Registrations are NOW OPEN for our 6th vertical race!
Saturday 16th November – Pre-Race Registration opens in caféM at 8am
Race starts at 9am
99AED (+vat) to enter per person, this is a non-profit event, ticket price is only to cover the expenses.
MANY PRIZES TO BE WON!
Copy Of -Localisation & Local Content in the UAE: Where are we? Where are we heading?
In collaboration with the BeNeLux Business Council,
we are pleased to offer you the opportunity to attend the
Localisation & Local Content in the UAE: Where are we? Where are we heading?
Date: 30 October 2019
Time: 09:00 AM - 11:30 AM
Location: Rosewood Abu Dhabi, Al Maryah Island
Localisation programs have a long tradition in the UAE. While the defense industry has typically used so-called “offset” or Industrial Cooperation programs; ADNOC has launched an In-Country Value (ICV) program, which was followed by the Abu Dhabi Value (ADV) program soft-launched by the Department of Economic Development (DED) in Abu Dhabi. Offset and ICV/ADV programs are procurement-driven and require a reciprocal economic contribution to the UAE, of a designated percentage of the value of the contract awarded. Foreign defense companies are granted offset credits under the Tawazun program in exchange for meeting their localisation commitments. Under the ICV/ADV programs, suppliers are granted a localisation score based on their local “footprint”.
1. Registration & Networking
2. Welcome Address
Oliver Oehms, CEO, German Emirati Joint Council for Industry & Commerce (AHK)
3. Legal insights on:
- ADNOC’s In-Country Value Program (ICV);
- Department of Economic Development’s Abu Dhabi Value Program (ADV); and
- Tawazun Economic Council’s Economic Program
Dr. Constantin Frank-Fahle, LL.M., Senior Lawyer, SCHLÜTER GRAF Legal Consultants
4. Localisation Programs in the UAE – Update on the Programs’ Status
Dr. Tom Deeb, T&M Associates
5. Finding and Implementing a Unified Localisation Strategy in the GCC
Michael Hackenbruch, Senior Manager Commercial, McDermott (tbc)
6. The Tawazun Economic Program and Synergies with ICV/ADV
Kim Schofield, Managing Partner, O2K Limited
7. Panel Discussion:
How can the defense and oil & gas industries collaborate to satisfy their localisation/offset requirements? Synergies between the industries and opportunities to leverage.
- Doug McEwan, Director of Marketing and Contracts - Middle East and Asia, Borr Drilling Management DMCC
- Helmut Reichelt, Head of Diehl Defence Representative Office Abu Dhabi
Moderation: Oliver Oehms, CEO, German Emirati Joint Council for Industry and Commerce (AHK)